This year’s seasonal runways, have swamped in colour, freshness and elegance! Let’s have an analytical look at this Summer’s make up trends…
– deep coral red paired with eccentric pink shadow and black sleek liner. To achieve the look you may try a cream yell based pink eyeshadow with any black matte liner, paired with “Ladybug” lipstick by Mac which is yellow based, very wearable and “office appropriate”.
– neon orange lips in fresh faced look. For this look you may try “Neon Orange” or Morange by Mac, making sure you apply minimal products on the rest of the face, just to keep it fresh and natural.
– bright red paired with soft taupe eyeshadow. To achieve the look try a matte camel/taupe eyeshadow such as “Wedge” by Mac and a bright red lipstick with slightly orange undertones. Some options for lipsticks are Giorgio Armani’s “Rouge 400” lipstick or a blend of 2/3 Ruby Woo and 1/3 Lady Danger, both by Mac.
Jean Paul Gaultier
Yves Saint Laurent
– dark glossy burgundy lips paired with clear face and glossy eyes. For this look try Rouge Volupte no22 lipstick by Yves Saint Laurent or Mac’s “Dark Side”. A good alternative for a sheerer result would be Guerlain’s “Bella B63”.
– smudged smokey grey/ brown eyeshadow with blue- green undertones and black pencil on waterline, paired with clear face, a touch of sheer light pink blush and clear gloss. To achieve the look try “Club” eyeshadow or “Deep Blue Green” pigment ( that can be found at Mac Pro stores) and “Well dressed” blush, all by Mac. These eyeshadows will look amazing on almost all eye colours.
The look will make especially brown eyes stand out !
– metallic copper golden eyeshadow in bronzed face. For this look you may try Make Up Forever’s Aqua cream eye shadow in no 12, which is long staying and waterproof. As for bronzer, you can never go wrong with Guerlain’s Terracotta bronzing powder. The selection is huge and covers all tones from Blondes to Brunettes.
– metallic silver eyeshadow paired with bold brows and juicy lips. This look will be hot on tanned skin… You can achieve it by using a silver creamy eye shadow such as Illamasqua’s Surge or Make up Forever’s Aqua cream eyeshadow in no3. Do not over do it with your brows, as the look in the picture is for catwalk purposes only! You may try Lingering automatic brow pencil by Mac which is universal colour and flatters all. Do not forget to coat your lashes with lots of mascara.
Natural/ Fresh Faced
– nude face with golden highlight. This effe will look hot on bronzed skin! To achieve it, make sure you will apply a golden liquid highlighter on the top of your cheekbones- browbone- bridge of nose and sides of forehead after your foundation and bronzer. A brilliant product to use is the “Sun Rush” lustre drops by Mac, which has golden-peachy sheen and is long lasting.
– minimal make up and fresh looking lips. Less is more in this look, what stands out in the picture though is her lips! A brilliant lipstick to achieve that “nude” but healthy looking lips is Estee Lauder’s “Crystal Baby“.
– sheer foundation with minimal sheen for glow and a touch of drama with black kohl on waterline. If you have oily or combination-oily skin like mine, remember that the best way to keep your foundation in place for hours is to powder it! To achieve that natural healthy looking skin, I suggest Guerlain’s “Lingerie” liquid foundation which is sheer to medium coverage and can be built without looking cakey. For the waterline, use a black pencil of your preference and don’t forget to smudge it with a cotton pad or a smugger brush.
Colourful/ Vibrant eyes
-bright pink eyes in minimal face. To achieve this look, you may use a matte bright pink eyeshadow such as “Passionate” by Mac. It is extremely important to line your eyes with black eyeliner either up or on waterline and tightline or both (to make your eyes stand out but tone add the pink) and add a lot of mascara, keeping the rest of the face natural, with minimal makeup. The pink eye shadow will make our friends with light colour eyes, stand out!
– green eyeshadow with golden undertones and bold black eyeliner. To achieve this look you may apply Mac’s “Juxt” eyeshadow all over the eyelids (keep it under the browbone as you probably not going to catwalk) and a thick black liner on up lashline. Try liquid or gel eye liner a bold and defined line.
– red plum eyeshadow and black line in waterline. This is definitely one of my favourites for this season, which I easily see it fit in fall season as well! To achieve this you may use “Cranberry ” by Mac which is ideal for this look, all over eyelid and lower lashline. Make sure you buff the colour well at the edges and don’t be afraid to take it to the socket for more drama. Also rim your waterline with black pencil and apply plenty of mascara. This look will make green and hazel eyes stand out!
Which of the trends is your favourite?